Meeting at start of OS visit to NIWA
Present: OS, HO, DM
Topics discussed and outcomes:
- OS to work on initially at NIWA:
- Primarily: API-on-the-fly
- Secondarily: work with BK on completing treeview design, mutations, and
- Graph View:
- Agreed to come back to this once we are sure the most-important treeview is
more or less complete and performant
- Hub multi-user access (i.e. hub-authenticated user to access other-user UIS)
- We tested this in June by manual insertion of other-user name in URL?
- TODO: how to expose this via the Hub UI?
- TODO: show the UIS user clearly when viewing workflows
- TODO: confirm authenticated user info passed to the UIS for use in
- reasonably confident this can be done quite easily
- [DM] We will need this to allow “anonymous” access for users who do
not have an account (to replace the existing functionality of cylc review).
We expect to do this via a guest account.
- Remote job CLI over HTTPS (TW@NRL has properly remote job sites)
- API-on-the-fly will allow CLI to easily switch (or fall-back) from
direct ZMQ to WFS, to indirect GraphQL over WebSocket to UIS
- TODO: confirm this solves the problem (WebSocket is initiated over HTTPS
and stays on the same channel/port)
- TODO: How to keep a headless (hubless) UIS alive indefinitely? Do we need to
support this, or leave it to sites with this requirement?
- TODO: non-interactive CLI authentication to UIS without the Hub?