Cylc VC 4/5 April 2019 Agenda
Previous Meeting Actions (10 min)
Go through ACTIONS in March meeting notes
Site Updates and News (5 min)
- New Cylc Trello Board
- CiSE paper: preprint published
- add to Cylc web site doc page.
- Any new technical issues at sites?
7.8 maintenance (5 min)
- 7.8.2 release still pending
- any blockers?
- release date?
cylc-8 packaging (5 min)
- Bruno: status update
- PR had issues with profile-battery, fixed in #3006
- And issues with
cylc.version, fixed in #3001
- Then had issues with test-battery and CYLC_DIR, which I tried to address in this commit as a mitigation (CYLC_DIR is used in many other parts of Cylc, and might be incompatible with setuptools installed Cylc versions)
- Stuck due to failures in Travis CI test-battery tests, that I suspect are related to the sequential pyzmq ports, which should be fixed in #3004
cylc-8 Hub (10 min)
Martin: status update
- ssh spawner?
- configurable-http-proxy or
- can we get code/config-files/instructions up on GitHub so others can start
playing with this, toward integration…
- (other: authorization hub service, ?)
cylc-8 WS, UIS, UI (20 min)
Oliver, Bruno, David: status update
- UIS: we settled on the WS mirror data model
- base on “cylc-jupyterhub” prototype
- ZeroMQ, data model, and incremental update
- Tornado, WebSocket, GraphQL (to UI)
- WS asyncio
- CLI? web UI?
- (GraphQL in WS would impact this? … but we’re currently aiming for
GraphQL in UIS, not WS)
cylc-8 integration (5 min)
- Can we get all component repositories in working order, and working together,
as soon as possible?
Orthogonal work (5 min)
Matt: status update
- Rose Python 3
- “rose suite-run” migration?
- cluster awareness
Other (10 min; if time allows)
- Source repositories and naming:
cylc/cylc-workflow-service? (or not, for
pip install cylc?)
- (along with
- or does
pip install cylc-VERSION dictate that we keep
- Sadie’s Cheat Sheets idea: new repository
cylc review to new repo
cylc profile-battery to new repo.
- Improved release process (Bruno)
- less reliance on Hilary
- Pull Request template, require a message for the release change log?
- automatically generate CHANGES.md?
- Unit tests + Battery tests -> Pytest?
- UI testing (Selenium?)
- suite.rc, YAML, Python API?
- my feeling is we could force users to change config file format, and we
need a Python API for advanced users/applications, but we can’t force
users to use Python (simpler suites don’t need Python)
- so is it worth considering suite.rc -> YAML? for cylc-8, or later?
- Does the intention to make a Python API change this?
- Is a Python API possible for cylc-8? (probably not)
- anything else?
- next meeting date