Cylc VC 9 September 2019 Agenda
Previous Actions - 5 min
General Admin - 5 min
Site Updates and News - 5 min
- NIWA/UM-Partnership contract for Bruno - still in prep
- discussion started on Cylc development and opportunities - 12 Sept
7.8 maintenance - 2 min
Cylc 8 Topics
Any progress or problems on the following topics:
Packaging and ALPHA-1 RELEASE - 10 min
- can we put out a “full system” conda recipe?
- what needs doing?
- cylc-flow and cylc-uiserver on pypi
- version naming?
- need an uber-project name and version number?
- what do we want to get into the release
- a functioning tree view with job data available - yes?
- incremental UIS update - no?
- websocket and subscriptions - no?
N-distance queries and “hybrid mode” (HO, DS) - 10 min
DS has implemented already; shall we use this in the UI?
- any major concerns or gotchas?
- if not, let’s do it! (at least as a UI option)
- a more sensible and more concise set of tasks for the UI
(c.f. all the waiting and succeeded tasks in the task pool)
- requires auto-insertion for operations on ghost nodes (easy)
- instead of scissor nodes, several (not many?) disjoint graphs
Task State Naming and Icons (HO) - 5 min
we tentatively decided to:
- absorb “queued” and “ready” into a single “submitting” state in the UI
(icon: a circle, with a smaller central dot that “submitted”)
- and rename “ready” to “preparing” in the back end
BUT we probably need to go back to exposing internal queues to the user
- so what names? (queued and preparing in UI and server?)
- what icons?
UI Tree View issues (BK) - 10 min
how to display task data (Job ID and batch system etc.)?
- need tabular form (esp. desktop) and tree collapse (esp. mobile)
- can the one component do it all “responsively”, or do we need two
different components (pure tree, and tabular)?
- do we need a temporary solution (e.g. pure tree) for alpha-1 release?
UI Graph View (MR) - 10 min
progress, problems, or thoughts on:
- use of our common icons
- hook-up to live workflow data
- layout and display of job icons?
any changes needed to conform to UI project directory structure (location
of components etc?) - BK
“rose suite-run” migration (TP, MS) - 5 min
CLI-WFS Authentication (SB) - 2 min
UIS incremental update (DS) - 5 min
- thoughts on how to implement
Websocket and subscriptions (DS, BK) - 5 min
- meeting schedule: first Mon/Tues every month
- UK team announcements from Dave and/or Matt